Your Office for Wisdom Tooth Extraction in Malvern, Scarborough
Extraction may be necessary if your wisdom tooth has partially erupted, is impacted within your jaw, or is otherwise negatively affecting your oral health. It's crucial that you choose a dentist with the skills and experience to cater to your wisdom tooth removal needs. At the practice of Dr. Steven Ingber General & Implant Dentistry, we're passionate about saving your natural teeth whenever possible but understand that extraction may be the best course of action at times.
Our practice proudly offers wisdom tooth extraction services in Toronto. You can rest assured Dr. Ingber and his friendly dental team will work to make your experience as stress-free as possible. We can't wait to meet you and learn how our services can help improve and protect your oral health. Contact us today to schedule your next appointment!
CALL US: (416) 286-4489 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Is Wisdom Tooth Extraction Necessary?
At our practice, we strive to protect and preserve your natural teeth. However, in various circumstances, extracting one or multiple wisdom teeth will protect your oral health in the long term. You can rest assured that you're in skilled hands, as our dental team has the experience and education to handle even the most complex cases. When you first visit our practice, we'll outline some of the reasons that our Toronto wisdom teeth extraction services may be necessary, including:
- Your jaws are too small to handle wisdom tooth eruption safely
- Your teeth are too crowded
- One or more wisdom teeth are impacted
- A tooth infection has spread to your wisdom teeth
- Gum disease has loosened your wisdom teeth
Our Wisdom Tooth Removal Process
If Dr. Ingber determines wisdom tooth extraction is necessary, our team will start the process by taking detailed x-rays of your tooth to understand its condition better. The detailed imaging and examination data we gather will help us create an extraction plan. Depending on the nature of your extraction, our general dentist will provide details on what to expect on the day of your surgery, including how to care for your smile after surgery.
When you visit our practice for your procedure, we'll begin by providing you with anesthesia to help make your experience less stressful. Our dentist will then use special dental instruments and computer-guided surgery technology to gently extract your wisdom tooth. It's important to note that this step may vary depending on whether your wisdom tooth is impacted. We'll then suture the site and provide instructions on how to help the area properly heal, like not chewing food on that side of your mouth or how to clean your teeth as the site is healing.
Helping You Feel Relaxed
Our dentist understands that some patients may feel anxious about visiting the dentist for our wisdom teeth removal services. We strive to help you feel as comfortable as possible before, during, and after your surgery. Our team takes the time to explain each step of the procedure and will make any accommodations whenever possible so you can feel confident about the process. If you need additional help relaxing, we offer three types of sedation to fit your comfort level, including:
- Oral conscious sedation: Oral conscious sedation is a type of sedation dentistry administered through a pill. You'll take a pill the day before your procedure and an hour before your appointment. Oral conscious sedation is safe and helps alleviate pain and discomfort. Not recollecting the oral surgery once the sedation has worn off is also common.
- Nitrous oxide sedation: Nitrous oxide treatment is a sedation option typically used for less complex wisdom tooth removal. As a light sedation option, you'll be awake and can communicate with our team. Nitrous oxide works and wears off quickly by administering gas through a mask placed over your nose.
- IV sedation: IV sedation is typically reserved for complex wisdom tooth removal and is the highest level of sedation our practice offers. Unlike oral conscious and nitrous oxide sedation, IV sedation is not administered in our office but at a trusted oral surgeon's office. By intravenously administering a sedative, IV sedation works almost instantly and provides a deep level of sedation.
Wisdom Teeth Removal FAQs
Having questions about our Toronto wisdom tooth extraction services is normal. Our team is here to answer any you may have. Whether you'd like to know how to manage pain following your procedure or how long it will take, you can count on our team to give you the necessary information. Some frequently asked questions about wisdom tooth extraction include:
Wisdom teeth removal recovery can take a week to two weeks, depending on your situation. It's normal for patients to resume school, work, or other activities as early as three days after their procedure.
Although tooth extraction has a reputation for being painful, with proper numbing and sedation, you can expect to feel minimal discomfort.
Generally, wisdom teeth removal is not considered a major surgery. As an outpatient procedure, you don't need to spend any time in a hospital recovering and can go home the same day as your surgery.
Routine & Impacted Wisdom Teeth Removal in Toronto
Dr. Steven Ingber General & Implant Dentistry is the place for you if you're looking for a practice that can handle routine and complex wisdom teeth removal. Our highly trained dental team is committed to ensuring the success of your procedure and promoting your overall comfort from start to finish. Contact us today to schedule your next appointment and get the Toronto wisdom teeth extraction services you need!
CALL US: (416) 286-4489 REQUEST APPOINTMENT